The end of fall is quickly approaching, which means that many of us, especially those who were hit hard during Sandy, are physically running on empty. Before the storm, our city was bursting with so many things to see and do that even the most jaded New Yorkers were excited and tried to fit everything in. I still believe that autumn is the best time to be in New York City, with fashion week, gorgeous foliage in Central Park and lots of change hanging in the air. I feel so lucky to be part of it. Living on adrenaline isn’t so bad — it makes me feel grateful to be alive.
Fall is also my favorite “lingerie season”. I almost exclusively expand my boudoir wardrobe in the fall and winter months. Are you the same way? I’m sure it has nothing to do with the increased number of hours spent in front of a computer, wrapped in a robe and drinking wine . I just can’t help but pine over a new take on the classic black set, this season’s versatile leather pieces and the dark overtones that seem to penetrate most every designer’s autumn/winter collection.
1. Bondage Waspie by Bordelle: This piece has been on my lust list for months… it looks both flattering and daring, a winning combo in my book worthy of wearing as outerwear. Image from Bordelle.com.
2. Juliette Bodice Bra by Bordelle: Because the waspie needs something equally bold on top, no? Image from Bordelle.com.
3. Calder Balcony Bra and Thong by Marlies Dekkers: Let’s start with the sapphire blue hue – a diamond in the rough as far as lingerie goes. The front is sultry and sophisticated, but the strappy posterior deserves a backless dress – this is one that’s meant to be seen, innerwear as innerwear! Image from fairefroufrou.com.
4. Nouvelle Full Cup Bra and Tanga by Addiction: I thought this one would be perfection under a casual ensemble – jeans and a tee shirt. Even if no one else sees it, you’ll feel like a chic secret agent and you’ll be ready for anything. Images from journelle.com.
5. Kitty Bra, Suspender and Ouvert Panty by Lascivious: What a gold, glitzy vixen you’ll be prancing around in this very special gilded set.
It’s not available yet but will be at Selfridge’s this Christmas Available at Lascivious! Images from Lascivious.
7. Bonnie Demi Bra and Boyshort by Meg at Midnight: This set is as demure and lady like as they come. In that je ne sais quoi‘s fantasy world, we’d wear this set under a floor length black gown and d’orsay sandals, oxblood lipstick and a killer updo. We’re ready, knight in shining armor, sweep us off our feet.